MEDIA & NEWS
REQUEST FOR MEDIA CREDENTIALS
Media Credentials will be issued by the RAD Torque Raceway office on a per event basis. Please place request with the RAD Torque Raceway office firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 1 week prior to requested event date. Multiple dates may be requested at one time.
- Media Credential will be held at the Competitor Gate Entry for Pick-up on day of event.
- Media personnel MUST check-in and sign Waiver of Liability upon entry.
- Media personnel MUST check-in with on-site Track Operator upon entry: Contact will be provided upon Credential request approval confirmation.
- Rocky Mountain Nationals: All approved Media personnel MUST check-in with Site Coordinator upon entry to facility- located at Media Room, 2nd Floor Drag Tower.
CREDENTIALS WILL NOT BE ISSUED ON EVENT DAY
EVENT PHOTO & VIDEO GUIDELINES
At RAD Torque Raceway, we value the art of capturing moments during our events. To ensure a seamless experience for all, we’ve established some clear guidelines:
1. Exclusive Photo and Video Rights: We have exclusive agreements with vendors for photo and video sales. This means that no other individuals are permitted to sell or distribute event photos or videos, whether in print, online, or on social media.
2. Photographer Criteria: Preference is given to photographers with professional-grade equipment and significant motorsport photography experience. Photographers associated with credentialed media are also welcome.
3. Online Presence: Websites will be considered if they regularly cover motorsports and provide consistent updates. Additionally, websites should refrain from profanity and offensive language.
4. Image Usage: High-resolution images are allowed for printing or online use when they accompany comprehensive editorial content. Other website or social media images must not exceed 800 pixels in size.
5. Image Submission: We may request up to 12 specific event images after each event, provided in high-resolution digital form within three days of the event. Watermarked images are not accepted, but we’ll provide proper photo credit if used.
6. Credentials and Wristbands: Wristbands and credentials are non-transferable and must be visible at all times. Your photo credentials badge may not be loaned or given to another person.
7. Liability Waiver: To access restricted photo/video areas, you must sign a release and waiver of liability.
8. Designated Areas: Each venue (Drag, Road Course, and Oval) has approved photo/video areas specified by RAD Torque Raceway Race Event Management. Photographers are not allowed in “hot” zones or on the racing surface at any time.
9. Professional Conduct: All photographers must behave professionally, avoid interfering with competition, and follow event management staff instructions. Race cars, crews, and RAD Torque Raceway staff have the right of way.
10. Limited Rights: Photo and video permissions do not imply an endorsement or sponsorship relationship between third parties and RAD Torque Raceway, race participants, or partners.
11. Case-by-Case: Credentials and permissions are granted on a case-by-case basis and require sufficient information for evaluation.
12. Safety Apparel: Safety equipment, including long pants, closed-toe shoes, capped sleeves (no tank tops), and reflective safety vests, is mandatory for all photographers/videographers.
13. Drone Flights: Drone operators must adhere to Transport Canada regulations and must not fly unauthorized drones within 5.6 km of the airport. RAD Torque Raceway management requires a copy of the NAV Canada approved Drone Flight Plan 24 hours before flight.
To assist with your drone flight planning, you can find valuable resources at the following links:
- NAV CANADA Drone Flight Planning
- Flying a drone – Edmonton International Airport
- Flying your drone safely and legally (canada.ca)
RAD Torque Raceway reserves the right to grant or revoke photo/video access at any event for any reason. Failure to adhere to these guidelines may lead to the immediate loss of restricted access credentials. Your safety and the safety of others is our priority.